Key features and benefits
- Optimized to efficiently harvest energy from a wide range of ambient sources (light, kinetic, temperature variations, radio signals)
- Unique inductorless design allowing a reduced BOM cost
- Ultra-compact chips with <20 mm2 assembly area
- Designed for low-power applications
- High power conversion efficiency
- Ultra-fast MPPT, adapts within up to 0,5 second
- Basic power management features (e.g. battery protection, USB charging, LDO)
- Suitable for a wide range of storage elements as well as batteryless designs thanks to cold start
- Wireless IoT devices
- Remote control units (e.g. TV)
- Electronic shelf labels
- Industrial and environmental monitoring
- Smart wearables
- Consumer electronics
Latest news and blogs
Positive Environmental Impact
In certain consumer products and IoT implementations, energy harvesting with rechargeable batteries is a promising field which can significantly increase battery lifespan while reducing the total cost of ownership. Energy harvesting here refers to the efficient utilization of ambient energy sources like solar, temperature gradients, radio frequency and vibrations to power devices.
Not only does it help the environment by lowering the number of primary batteries being discarded but also by lowering the volume of raw materials being mined because current batteries have a longer lifespan. Our long-term goal should be using natural resources efficiently with the least possible environmental footprint.
Read the full article here: https://www.powerelectronicsnews.com/macro-environmental-effect-of-micro-energy-harvesting/
|Type number||Description||Status||Quick access|
|NEH2000BY||Energy harvesting PMIC||Production|
|Nexperia_NEH2000BY_Energy_Harvesting_Solution_leaflet||Maximize energy storage and sustainability in IoT and low power wireless devices with energy harvesting PMIC||Leaflet||2023-04-04|
Marcom graphics (1)
|SOT8076-1_HWQFN16||plastic thermal enhanced very very thin Quad Flat packages; no leads; 16 terminals; 0.5 mm pitch; 3.0 × 3.0 × 0.75 mm body||Marcom graphics||2023-03-06|
Schematic diagram (1)
|aaa-036398||UM90020 Schematic||Schematic diagram||2023-05-02|
White paper (1)
|Nexperia_whitepaper_IoT_innovations||Combining technology innovations to make IoT implementations most-effective and sustainable||White paper||2023-04-04|
Nexperia Energy Harvesting MPPT
Nexperia Energy Harvesting Solutions -- Nexperia and Mouser Electronics
If you have a support question, let us know. If you are in need of design support, let us know and fill in the answer form, well get back to you shortly.
Or contact us for further support.